Calculating SNR of an incoming signal

From: Alex Batts
Subject: Calculating SNR of an incoming signal
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 08:58:59 -0400

Hello,

I am relatively new to GNU Radio and I am trying to calculate the SNR of an incoming signal. On the QT Gui frequency display it shows a red line and a green line which I take to be the average noise power and average signal power of the incoming signal (from my RTL SDR) respectively. Is there any way I can utilize in real time the values of these two lines to calculate an SNR? If not, is there a way to determine a value at a specific frequency/average value over a range of frequencies for this calculation?

Thank you in advance,

Alex