Byte Boundary alignment

From: lannan jiang
Subject: Byte Boundary alignment
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 15:40:45 +0000

Hi everyone,
   (It's me again.)
   I am working on an audio channel using QPSK modulation. I currently am transmitting through a signal source that outputs bytes. I am looking for a method to align the byte boundaries so I am able to hear a clean audio at the receiver.
   Here is an idea of what I want to do: send packets that have, for example, 7 bytes of data and 1 byte of known pattern, and so I can sync with the receive block. However, I do not know how to implement this in GRC (I see a block named packet header generator, is this what I want to use?). Could someone please advise me on how to approach this?

   Thanks in advance.
   Lannan Jiang