Re: laptop recommendations

From: Alex Humberstone
Subject: Re: laptop recommendations
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 16:22:27 -0500

The Dell XPS are really nice laptops. I'm using one right now, and I love it. I'm running Ubuntu 20.04 and GNU Radio, and I got an Ettus USRP B210 and X310 connected up to it, and it's 100% solid. I definitely recommend it. I'd also suggest that you run Ubuntu 20.04 to get all the latest drivers and latest kernel, which you might need or want if you're buying a brand new XPS. Dell hardware runs well with Linux, so you should not have any problems, especially with Ubuntu 20.04. The only negative was price. For me at least it was an expensive laptop, but you get what you pay for, and I'm still very happy with it, and it was worth the price, but damn they're not cheap. Hope this helps.