Re: some feature-requests for GRC

From: Jeff Long
Subject: Re: some feature-requests for GRC
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 15:47:03 -0500

The GRC start button is disabled if validation on blocks and connections fails. You could force validation to fail by requiring a certain condition in a yml file. For example, you can specify that a field is non-zero. It is possible you could wire some _expression_ related to student progress into a block with a dependent variable ... as long as the student doesn't just disable the block doing the validation.

There's a PR to add a hyperlink to the doc tab on the block properties dialog. It doesn't seem like it would be too hard to put a field somewhere in a Note block. GRC doesn't know that a Note is different than any other block. How would you have it work? Clicks are used for all kinds of things, so it can't just be a click on the block.

Your ideas are great, not pushy! Sometimes there's an easier way to do things than to change the app, and GRC only gets a fraction of a developer worth of time. It's largely due to GRC (and distro packaging) that so many new users are trying out GNU Radio.