Re: FM Radio Reception Issue on VMWare

From: Adrian Musceac
Subject: Re: FM Radio Reception Issue on VMWare
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2021 10:22:10 +0000

Hello Marcus,

I have to say that it depends on how many CPUs and memory is allocated to the VM, and the host and guest OS. I've run GNU radio on Debian GNU/Linux VMs with USB3 passthrough just fine on both Windows (Virtualbox) and Debian hosts (KVM). Obviously, the lower the device sample rates the easier it goes.

Adrian