How to plot a constellation without symbol decision

From: pv
Subject: How to plot a constellation without symbol decision
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 13:10:07 +0100

Hello to all,
I'm using the ofdm rx flowgraph from gr digital to receive a ofdm signal generated by the ofdm tx flowgraph. The transmission is made by an USRP Ettus Research N210 in a loopback setup. In the transmitter side, I make a quantization of the generated signal before transmitting it. At the receiver side, the ofdm frame equalizer block outputs the constellation already decided and I don't want that. I would like to see the constellation without symbol decision, in order to analyze the EVM with the quantization noise. Basically, I woul like to see something like the attached image. I have already tried to explore the c++ code of the ofdm frame equalizer block (https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/master/gr-digital/lib/ofdm_frame_equalizer_vcvc_impl.cc) in order to disable the decision_maker function but I'm not sure if that is the right thing to do.

PS -> the quantized constellation in the figure is not in real time with the simulation, that's why I can't use it.

Can anyone help me with this?

Best Regards,
Pedro

--