Re: GNU Radio 3.9 OOT derived class

From: Alvaro Pendas Recondo
Subject: Re: GNU Radio 3.9 OOT derived class
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 18:02:49 +0200

Hi Vasil,

Thank you for your answer. Should not be Gnuradio "3.9" instead of "3.9"?. Anyway, I tried with both options and I got the same error:

Target "TFMv3_python" links to target "gnuradio::gnuradio-digital" but the
  target was not found.  Perhaps a find_package() call is missing for an
  IMPORTED target, or an ALIAS target is missing?

What I changed was:

1 - Write find_package(Gnuradio "3.9" REQUIRED COMPONENTS digital filter blocks analog fft) in CMakeLists.txt
2 - Write target_link_libraries(gnuradio-TFMv3 gnuradio::gnuradio-runtime gnuradio::gnuradio-digital
gnuradio::gnuradio-blocks gnuradio::gnuradio-filter gnuradio::gnuradio-analog gnuradio::gnuradio-fft) in lib/CMakeLists.txt

As I've said, I tried with both "3.8" and "3.9" with the same output. I had to add filter blocks analog and fft as expected based on the explanation
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/GNU_Radio_3.8_OOT_Module_Porting_Guide#GNU_Radio_Components

El jue, 22 abr 2021 a las 17:13, Vasil Velichkov (<vvvelichkov@gmail.com>) escribió:
Hi Alvaro,

On 22/04/2021 17.48, Alvaro Pendas Recondo wrote:
> 6. Add the line set(GR_REQUIRED_COMPONENTS RUNTIME DIGITAL) at
> gr-TFMv3/CMakeLists.txt

The GR_REQUIRED_COMPONENTS is no longer used in GNU Radio 3.8 and 3.9. You need to add "digital" in the Gnuradio's find_package list and then link your OOT module with gnuradio::gnuradio-digital. It should be something similar to:

    find_package(Gnuradio "3.8" REQUIRED COMPONENTS digital)
    target_link_libraries(gnuradio-TFMv3 gnuradio::gnuradio-digital)

See https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/GNU_Radio_3.8_OOT_Module_Porting_Guide#GNU_Radio_Components

Regards,
Vasil