Re: InvalidArchiveError and/or TypeError when installing GNURadio via co

From: Ryan Volz
Subject: Re: InvalidArchiveError and/or TypeError when installing GNURadio via conda
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 23:02:07 -0400

Hi Casey,

On April 26, 2021 11:09:20 AM EDT, "Wolsieffer, Carl L. ERDC-RDE-CRL-NH CIV"
<Carl.L.Wolsieffer@erdc.dren.mil> wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>Been using GNU Radio for a couple months now and so I've had to install
>it on a couple machines here including Ubuntu and Windows 7. However we
>have a field laptop running windows 10 and I can't seem to get past the
>'>conda install gnuradio' step.
>
>Using conda 4.9.2:
>
>After creating a virtual environment and ensuring priority to
>conda-forge as per wiki instructions, I get the following error:
>
>InvalidArchiveError("Error with archive
>C:\\Users\\RDCRLCLW\\Miniconda3\\pkgs\\codec2-0.9.2-h301d43c_1.tar.bz2.
>You probably need to delete and re-download or re-create this file.
>Message from libarchive was:\n\nCan't create
>'\\\\?\\C:\\Users\\RDCRLCLW\\Miniconda3\\pkgs\\codec2-0.9.2-h301d43c_1\\Library\\bin\\fdmdv_get_test_bits.exe'")

Did you try deleting that file
(C:\\Users\\RDCRLCLW\\Miniconda3\\pkgs\\codec2-0.9.2-h301d43c_1.tar.bz2)? Clean
--all might do that, but better to do it explicitly yourself to make sure.

>This occurs after downloading and extracting pywin32-300
>

>For conda version 4.10.1 I instead get:
>
>After
>> conda clean --all
>> conda install gnuradio
>
>I get
>
>TypeError('not all arguments converted during string formatting')
>

>This occurs after reaching package libopus-1.3.1

I unfortunately have no lead on that error, without knowing where exactly it's
coming from.

>Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
>Thanks,
>Casey

The fact that you're running into multiple vague issues like this makes me
wonder if there is something wrong with your conda installation. If it's an
option, I'd consider wiping the whole thing and starting from scratch.

You could also try installing 'mamba' and using that in place of 'conda', i.e.:

conda install -n base mamba
mamba install gnuradio

Finally, you could try the radioconda installer:
https://github.com/ryanvolz/radioconda. By installing everything at once, it
could sidestep whatever is causing the issues you're seeing.

Cheers,
Ryan