GNU Radio UX Studies - first study - can we improve the way to create a

From: Bernard Tyers - EI8FDB
Subject: GNU Radio UX Studies - first study - can we improve the way to create a new flowgraph?
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 16:46:33 +0200

Hello all,

Our first GRC UX study has started. It's to understand how the current create new flowgraph process works for users.

We think there are some improvements that can be made to it - some steps cause great confusion to some users, others take a lot of unnecessary time for more experienced users.

I've created a short survey to gather information of how the current works for users, and to identify annoyances or issues users have.

We want to focus on 1) the steps you use to create a new flowgraph, 2) and run it.

You're all invited to take part if you're interested. The survey takes about 10 minutes to complete.

HOW DO I TAKE PART?

The survey is here:

https://saneuxdesign.survey.fm/can-we-improve-create-new-flowgraph-process

UX DESIGN DURING GR VIRTUAL HACKFEST

As part of the Live stream/virtual hackfest this weekend, myself, Derek, and anyone interested in taking part are going to do some UX design on the stream this Friday at 4PM UTC.

We'll be tackling this question: Can we improve the create new flowgraph process? We'll be streaming sketching some UIs. If you're interested in joining, have a look at the wiki page.

I'd also like to say a big thank you to those who have completed it already.

If you're interested in getting notified of similar UX studies, you can find out what you need to know here: https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/GNU_Radio_UX_Studies_group

Thanks,
Bernard