Re: Building 3.9.1 and finding SDL2 built with autotools

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Building 3.9.1 and finding SDL2 built with autotools
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 01:25:34 +0200

Hey Barry,

great to have you around!

The magic happens in gr-video-sdl/CMakeLists.txt, in "find_package(SDL)".
That should cause cmake to look for a file FindSDL.cmake, which at least under
Fedora 34
is under /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindSDL.cmake and belongs to the cmake-data
package.

It seems to me it's in the cmake package on mageia 8 [1].

So, assuming that CMake module is there, maybe that simply can't find the
"SDL.h" it's
looking for. But that should really reside very comfortably in
/usr/include/SDL.h, if
you've installed libSDL-devel.

So, sadly, not easy to help you :( got no Mageia experience myself at all.

Best regards,
Marcus

[1] http://sophie.zarb.org/rpms/1f2922599ad1d6f8708896810a223e91/files
[2] http://sophie.zarb.org/rpms/5a82b79ad3e28cc61f0f46701879a7f7/files