consume method not defined error

From: George Edwards
Subject: consume method not defined error
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2021 15:33:44 -0500

Hello,

I am working with Gnuradio 3.8.

In response to my recent question, I think I found out why my program ran away in an infinite loop. It was because I was not consuming the inputs. So at the end of the loop in the general_work method when I used all the incoming data, I added the following line:
consume(0,len(input_items[0])
Gnuradio seems to have a problem with this and issues an error that the consume method was not defined. How can I fix this?

Thank you!

Regards,
George