Re: SDR branches selector

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: SDR branches selector
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2021 13:37:17 +0200

Hi Yasir,

On 06.07.21 06:07, Yasir ABBAS wrote:
> Hello community
>
> I am using Gnuradio 3.7.

Please don't. GNU Radio 3.7 is our legacy release, which we only still maintain
because
there's existing systems based on it.

If you're now learning GNU Radio, you should be using GNU Radio 3.9 or 3.8,
never 3.7.

> I want to select one of two implemented modulators to be sent to an SDR
> device. (i.e.,
> branch_1 & branch_2)
> They both have the same sampling rate.
>
> When I send ( branch_1 * 0 + branch_2 ), the demodulator of the receiving
> side doesn't
> decode the messages.
>
> When I send ( branch_2 ), the demodulator of the receiving side decodes the
> messages
> correctly.
>
> When I send (branch_2 * 0 + branch_2), the demodulator of the receiving side
> decodes the
> messages correctly.
>
> I couldn't figure out what is the problem.
> Please help me to make this design work!

This could be anything, we don't know your flow graph!

> and tell me if there is a better way to implement the modulation selector
> with the
> available blocks?

On GNU Radio 3.7, there isn't. On 3.8 and 3.9, we've got one.

Best regards,
Marcus