Re: Error installing spectrometer_w_cal.grc

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Error installing spectrometer_w_cal.grc
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 10:36:07 +0200

Hi Robert,

On 11.07.21 17:53, Robert Baker wrote:
> Yes, the flowgraph relies on the osmosdr block to acquire data from an airspy.
>
> Installed GNURadio GNURadio 3.8 from source from the maint-3.8
> https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/tree/maint-3.8
> <https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/tree/maint-3.8>

Very well,

> and installing gr-osmosdr from source- using ` sudo apt install `

That's the opposite of installing from source! This is a binary install through
your
package manager, which knows that gr-osmosdr depends on GNU Radio, so it
installs the
Debian GNU Radio package, which means now you have two competing GNU Radio
installations:
One 3.8 from source, one 3.7.13.4 from debian buster.

So, now it's not clear what your system finds when it looks for libraries like
_osmosdr_swig. You will need to uninstall all GNU Radio things you've installed
via `apt
install`; i.e. you really need to run `apt autoremove gr-osmosdr`.
Afterwards, you will have to re-install GNU Radio from source, and finally
re-build
gr-osmosdr from source.

Is buster the most recent debian version for Raspberry Pi? This would be much
much much
easier if you had something more modern. Then, you could actually just `apt
install
gnuradio gr-osmosdr` to get a GNU Radio 3.8.

Best regards,
Marcus