Using GPIO Pins on x300

From: Conner Awald
Subject: Using GPIO Pins on x300
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 09:27:45 -0400

Hey everyone,

I'm using an Ettus Research x300 with GNURadio and I'm going to need to use the front panel GPIO pins to automatically switch an external amplifier into the RF chain when transmitting. I found the following code on Ettus Research's github that demonstrates how to use the GPIO pins in various ATR modes: https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd/blob/master/host/examples/gpio.cpp

I was just a little confused on how I would implement this code in a gnuradio flowgraph to configure the gpio pins. I looked through the mailing list and found a couple of relevant threads but it seems that the issue was resolved off-thread so the solution isn't posted. I don't have much experience with OOT modules and from the tutorial on the wiki, I wasn't sure how I would use the USRP UHD object that's created in the USRP source/sink block's code in a separate block's code. If someone could just point me in the right direction or provide some other advice that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Conner