Re: Interested in contributing to GNU Radio

From: Oscar Ekholm
Subject: Re: Interested in contributing to GNU Radio
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 14:44:01 +0200

Hi,
Knowing python is definitely needed for the GRC as that is written in python. Since the view-only mode is a GRC feature python skills should be sufficient. I suggest you start off by becoming familiar with the GRC code, figuring out how things work and trying to modify stuff. That way you'll get a feeling of whether it is manageable or not. Personally, understanding how all parts work and interact with each other has needed more effort than the actual coding.

/Oscar