RE: Re: complex numbers in GRC missing documentation?

From: Jim Melton
Subject: RE: Re: complex numbers in GRC missing documentation?
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 21:02:18 +0000

I had a very confusing conversation with a co-worker where he was describing
complex numbers as "j + 0.00001". I had no referent for using "j" to represent
"sqrt(-1)". Apparently Matlab uses "j", Electrical Engineers use "j" (because
"i" is current), and now I learn that Python supports it as well.

I like "complex(0.5,0.5)" as much less ambiguous. Of course, once you know
about "j" it's easy to use...

---
Jim Melton