Re: ImportError

From: Vasil Velichkov
Subject: Re: ImportError
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 21:34:07 +0200

Hi Mario,

On 01/11/2021 19.50, Mario Moran wrote:
> I see, when I downloaded gnuradio from pybombs I must have not realized
> that I had gnuradio so I installed it again with a different command. I
> have tried to removed with sudo apt-get remove gnuradio

So what was the result? Did the `sudo apt-get remove gnuradio` succeed? Do you
still have libgnuradio-* packages installed on your system? Provide the output
of

    dpkg -l | grep gnuradio

> but the command
> 'find /home/mario -name libgnuradio-tutorial.so.1.0.0git' I still got the
> same results as before I used sudo apt-get remove gnuradio.

This is OK. This library was not install by gnuradio's package so you can't
remove it by removing the gnuradio package. So after you've removed all
gnuradio packages you need to check if there are any leftovers by running

   find /usr -name *gnuradio*

and if there is none then you need to do a clean rebuild of your OOT and then
reinstall

   source /home/mariom/prefix-3.8/setup_env.sh
   cd /home/mariom/gr-tutorial/
   rm -rf build/
   mkdir build
   cd build
   cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/mariom/prefix-3.8/ ..
   make install

> The results
> were:
> /home/mariom/gr-tutorial/build/lib/libgnuradio-tutorial.so.1.0.0git
> /home/mariom/prefix-3.8/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgnuradio-tutorial.so.1.0.0git
> /home/mariom/prefix-3.8.3.1/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgnuradio-tutorial.so.1.0.0git

So you have two prefixes - `prefix-3.8` and `prefix-3.8.3.1`. This is OK as
long as you are careful where you install things. You should not mix two
prefixes and source their setup_env.sh scripts at the same time in the same
terminal.

> I then tried to rerun the flowgraph and I am still getting the same error.
> I do wonder, would it be easier to reset the whole thing.

How do you start gnuradio-companion? If you start it from your prefix then in
your terminal you first need to source the setup_env.sh file or run `pybombs
run gnuradio-cmpanion`

Regards,
Vasil