Open PhD positions at ANT, Uni Bremen

From: Johannes Demel
Subject: Open PhD positions at ANT, Uni Bremen
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 09:51:25 +0100

Hi all,

we have quite a few open positions for PhD candidates at our institute. If you're interested, I pasted the description in this email. You can find the description here: https://www.ant.uni-bremen.de/en/int_jobs/

Cheers
Johannes

----
As a key partner in various collaborative research projects, the Department of Communications Engineering (headed by Prof. Dr.-Ing. Armin Dekorsy) of the University of Bremen has been researching innovative concepts, methods and technologies for future communication systems with a focus on baseband signal processing. To complement our research teams, we are looking for 13 PhD-candidates and at least 2 postdoctoral researchers in the following areas:

- 6G communication system
- Satellite communications
- Swarm exploration on Mars
- Quantum communications.

Potential research topics include, but are not limited to:

- Information transmission and interference management in 6G network concepts - 6G network concepts and architectures: terrestrial-orbital (3D) networks, organic networks, OpenRAN, dynamic subnetworks
- Source and channel coding (e.g. Information Bottleneck Method)
- Event-based sampling, Event-based communication
- Semantic communication
- Graph-based, distributed signal processing and compressive sensing
- Machine learning methods, Bayesian learning methods
- mmWave (26GHz) communication and localization

The candidates are expected to have skills that cover one or more of the following areas:

- Communications engineering (baseband, resource management)
- Signal processing and signal theory
- Coding and information theory
- Network information theory
- Machine learning, stochastic inference techniques.

We are looking for candidates carrying out at least one of the following activities

- Fundamental, theoretical-oriented research
- Software implementation of innovative technologies, e.g. in an 6G testbed.

If you have a very good M.Sc. degree in electrical engineering/information technology, computer engineering or applied mathematics and are interested in conducting independent research with your ideas and approaches as a member of one of our research teams, we look forward to receiving your unsolicited application. The possibility of a doctorate is given for all positions.

Please send your application (brief cover letter, CV. transcripts, certificates, list of pub if applicable) to applications@ant.uni-bremen.de