Re: Problems when passing messages to a source block

From: Jeff Long
Subject: Re: Problems when passing messages to a source block
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 14:24:07 -0500

OK, it does work, as long as there is a message port defined and connected in a flowgraph. I was trying too simple an example. You would do your thread management in the start() and stop() functions.

"""
Embedded Python Blocks:

Each time this file is saved, GRC will instantiate the first class it finds
to get ports and parameters of your block. The arguments to __init__  will
be the parameters. All of them are required to have default values!
"""

import numpy as np
from gnuradio import gr
import pmt

class blk(gr.sync_block):  # other base classes are basic_block, decim_block, interp_block
    """Embedded Python Block example - a simple multiply const"""

    def __init__(self):  # only default arguments here
        """arguments to this function show up as parameters in GRC"""
        gr.sync_block.__init__(
            self,
            name='Embedded Python Block',   # will show up in GRC
            in_sig=[],
            out_sig=[]
        )
        self.message_port_register_out(pmt.intern("msgout"))
        print('init')

    def start(self):
        print('start')
        return True