Re: Install 3.9 on Ubuntu 21.04 - prefix & PYTHONPATH

From: Gavin Jacobs
Subject: Re: Install 3.9 on Ubuntu 21.04 - prefix & PYTHONPATH
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 21:49:40 +0000

What I found so far:
The developer/user has to set PYTHONPATH as part of the process for an OOT module.

If I am working on the laptop, I can edit ~/.profile and add these lines at the end of the file:
# set path to Python modules for gnuradio
export PYTHONPATH=${PYTHONPATH}:/usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages

If I am working remotely via xrdp, then I have to put those lines in /etc/xrdp/startwm.sh

Gavin

From: Gavin Jacobs

Should the install of the binary package setup the prefix/PYTHONPATH/LDLIBRARY environment variables?
What should the environment variables be?