Re: Changing output of selector block using stream tags

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: Changing output of selector block using stream tags
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 22:45:11 -0500

On 2021-12-09 22:42, Kwan, Phillip [US] (SP) wrote:

Hello,

I am new to GNU Radio and am wondering question in the subject is possible.

In my application, I am transmitting a signal from a file source and need to record sections of that signal at periodic intervals into a file sink. However, I noticed that the E320 receives noise before the desired signal begins transmitting and results in noise being recorded at the beginning of the file. Is it possible to use a selector block to switch the output to the file sink path after receiving some “enable” stream tag in order not to record noise at the beginning?

Any alternative solutions would also be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Phillip

You could have the file sink record to /dev/null until it's ready to receive "the good stuff".