Re: Does complex conjugate invert IQ ?

From: Daniel Estévez
Subject: Re: Does complex conjugate invert IQ ?
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 20:48:46 +0100

Indeed. Also, in case that's a long read (I think it's interesting anyhow), the bottom line is that IQ swap and complex conjugate are basically "the same" operation for most purposes.

This is because if the swap is S(a+bi) = b+ai and the conjugate is C(a+bi) = a-bi, then S(z) = iC(z), so we see that the only difference between both operations is a 90º phase rotation.

Both of these operations accomplish flipping the frequency axis, which is probably the main reason one would use them.

Best,

Daniel.