Re: ofdm adalm-pluto

From: Kyeong Su Shin
Subject: Re: ofdm adalm-pluto
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 06:13:11 +0000

Hello Özkan,

Yes, it should be possible.

I haven't tried this by myself, so I don't know if it works, but maybe you can use a File Source with /dev/tty* as an input file. Alternatively, you can write a simple Python source block (see: https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Embedded_Python_Block , https://pyserial.readthedocs.io/en/latest/shortintro.html  ) . Simply set "in_sig=[np.complex64]" to "in_sig=[]" and it will behave as a source block.

Please note that this may introduce the rate mismatch issues, as the sampling rate of the serial port and the SDR won't (usually) agree. Maybe you can get away with your current codes, because you are already using packetized data, but you may want to look into this issue further if anything breaks.

Regards,
Kyeong Su Shin

보낸 사람: Özkan Sezer <ozkansezer@gmail.com> 대신 Discuss-gnuradio <discuss-gnuradio-bounces+ksshin=postech.ac.kr@gnu.org>
보낸 날짜: 2021년 12월 18일 토요일 오전 4:26
받는 사람: discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org <discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org>
제목: Fwd: ofdm adalm-pluto

Thanks for your help Kyeong,
file transfer completed successfully, the periodic error still occurs but is not critical. I want to transmit live data (serial port data) instead of files. Is it possible with python block or another block?