fosphor sink block error

From: Gwendoline Hochet Derevianckine
Subject: fosphor sink block error
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 09:53:16 +0000

Hello,

I start using Gnuradio (3.7) few months ago under Windows.

Lately, I came up using Gnuradio under Linux Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS. I was used to use the QT fosphor sink block to see in real time spectrum + waterfall of my signal (example attached).

I'm using an Ettus USRP B200 mini for scanning radio environment around me.

I tried various versions of Gnuradio but fosphor sink block doesn't work under 3.8 or 3.9.

The latest thing I tried is to install Gnuradio 3.7 again but even if I specify PPA repository, the installation result in GnuRadio 3.8.

For my test I use a simple flowgraph : Signal Source -> Throttle -> Qt fosphor sink.

The problem occurs for the visualization: I have a black square in the left top of my screen and the windows appears to be freeze. When I closed it, I have the following error in the GnuRadio terminal:

[!] CL Error (-1001, /build/gr-fosphor-1DVbtt/gr-fosphor-3.8~2.2d4fe78/lib/fosphor/cl.c:299): Unable to fetch platform IDs
[!] No suitable OpenCL device found
gr::log :ERROR: qt_sink_c0 - Failed to initialize fosphor

Is everyone which had the same issue and could solve it ?

If not, is there a block doing the exact same visual output ? I know the QT GUI Sink but visualization is not what I want; it to raw or not enough readable.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Gwendoline

To view our privacy policy, including the types of personal information we collect, process and share, and the rights and options you have in this respect, see www.semtech.com/legal.