"Resetting" a GUI dial value

From: Anish Mangal
Subject: "Resetting" a GUI dial value
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2022 16:23:37 +0530

A gnuradio flowgraph reads values of some variables from a config file (let's say default.conf). When variable values are changed, the config file is updated accordingly.

There is a second config file called reset.conf, which contains "default" values of these variables.

Is it possible to put a button in the GUI "Reset values", which updates the GUI elements reading values from reset.conf. I am trying and there doesn't seem to be a way.

I can do the following. A reset button is pressed. A message is created, and values of the variables that the gui elements refer to are updated, and those values are even written back to default.conf, but the GUI elements themselves do not update.

What could I be missing.

Version:3.9.3.0 QT GUI on MAC 10.15.7

--
Anish