Re: Opinions on running GNU Radio 3.9+ on Windows

From: Derek Kozel
Subject: Re: Opinions on running GNU Radio 3.9+ on Windows
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 18:08:25 +0000

Hello Franco,

Thank you for your work supporting the SDRplay receivers in GNU Radio!

I would recommend using the Anaconda based approach. Here is a direct link to the page that covers it in more detail. This is the current best method to get a fully native setup on Windows that supports developing out of tree modules. I run and develop with GNU Radio on a daily (or at least weekly) basis and this approach does work fairly well.
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/CondaInstall

If you have any questions or hit issues I'm happy to help and the chat channels are quite active and include Ryan Volz, the main packager for GNU Radio in Conda and author of that guide.

Regards,
Derek