DVB-T transmit question

From: Szilassi Andras
Subject: DVB-T transmit question
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 17:40:45 +0100

Hello,

I am currently working on a dvb-t remodulator for our passive radar at my university.
With the available example IQ file, I was able to get the receiving example program running, but I ran into some problems with the transmit example.

When I run a .ts mpeg stream through the example, for some reason in the place where the cyclic prefix should appear, the output is constant zero.
The reason I think that something is wrong with the prefixing is that the output signal is periodic in the time domain ( for around ~ 200 us there is no signal, then for ~ 800 us there is and so on). The CP length is set at 1/4 so that confirms that.

I dont have enough in-depth knowledge yet to find the answer in the source files, so if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks is advance,
AndrĂ¡s
Technical University of Budapest