Proper BFSK modulation

From: Marcin Puchlik
Subject: Proper BFSK modulation
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 13:46:17 +0100

Hi Community,
Since I have no one to verify me, maybe there is someone who would find a minute and verify my flowgraph for the BFSK modulation, demodulation and synchronization. My goal is to wrap bits into packets and create end to end simulation with custom data transmission (e.g. test or file). My main concern in the attached flowgraph is the outer_deviation parameter. What do you think? I am wondering if this parameter should be chosen with some earlier calculations (e.g. to make smooth phase changes in VCO). I have no goal of obtaining any bitrate or baud rate, just playing with different modulation schemes and getting familiar with the tool and its features.
Also additional questions:
- is the minimum frequency spacing between changing carriers is 1/2T where T is the symbol duration?
- is there a rule how to choose proper frequency spacing in the FSK for higher order (4FSK, 16 FSK etc)?
Thanks in advance
Marcin

https://gist.github.com/marcinsztajn/c713ec33fa3e3c5bdb9c467d8487d4fc

--