Re: DVB-T example loopback

From: Herman Tibor
Subject: Re: DVB-T example loopback
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 12:31:59 +0100

Hi Ron,

Thank you for the advice, it's working now! I'll start to construct the loopback version.

Cheers,
Tibor

Herman Tibor

Ron Economos <w6rz@comcast.net> ezt írta (időpont: 2022. febr. 10., Cs, 12:27):

You just have to match the parameters between the transmit and receive flow graphs. The only difference is that the transmitter is using 64QAM and the receiver is using 16QAM.

So you can either change the transmitter to 16QAM or change the receiver to 64QAM.

You should add a throttle block to the transmitter (right before the file sink will work).

Since you're not transmitting over the air, the sample rate doesn't matter if you're just creating a baseband file and playing it later.

However, if you want to play the output stream in real-time, the sample rate and bitrate of the Transport Stream do matter. Also, the performance of the computer running the receiver flow graph has to be sufficient for real-time. That's why the receive flow graph is configured for 16QAM as most 4 core CPUs can support that bitrate.

Ron