Re: Tutorial on Hier Block and Parameters

From: Volker Schroer
Subject: Re: Tutorial on Hier Block and Parameters
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 17:05:43 +0100

I think, the PYTHONPATH should not start with :
and it is not required that the PYTHONPATH contains the location of your
grc files.
~/.grc_gnuradio is not a file but a directory. If this diretocry does
not exist, just create it.

Copy your generated *.yml and *.py from your working directory to
~/.grc_gnuradio

What's the output of grc when you start it?

On my system it looks like:

grc
<<< Welcome to GNU Radio Companion v3.10.0.0-22-g7712360d >>>

Block paths:
        /home/schroer/.grc_gnuradio
        /usr/local/gnuradio/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks

The second path points to the gnuradio blocks and depends on your
installation., probably
/usr/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks/

If grc references your .grc_gnuradio directory , you should find your
created blocks in grc.

If the reference is missing have a look at
~/.gnuradio/config.conf

There should be a section like

[grc]
canvas_default_size = 1280, 1024
canvas_font_size = 8
default_flow_graph =
enabled_components =
testing-support;python-support;man-pages;gnuradio-runtime;gr-ctrlport;gnuradio-companion;gr-blocks;gr-fec;gr-fft;gr-filter;gr-analog;gr-digital;gr-dtv;gr-audio;*
alsa;* oss;gr-channels;gr-pdu;gr-iio;*
libad9361;gr-qtgui;gr-trellis;gr-utils;gr_modtool;gr_blocktool;gr-vocoder;gr-network
global_blocks_path = /usr/local/gnuradio/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks
local_blocks_path =
xterm_executable = /usr/bin/xterm

Here you can specify your local_blocks_path

I hope this helps.

-- Volker

The output is

echo $PYTHONPATH
:/home/grctut/the folder where I am saving working grc files.
However, I am able to use GRC for other purposes normally. I notice that
GRC blocks (.yaml files) are in /usr/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks/ folder.
Also there is no .grc_gnuradio file in my home directory. However, there
is a .gnuradio folder with a prefs folder and config.conf and grc.conf
files. prefs folder has a vmcircbuf_default_factory file.

    Message: 3