Re: Are there firls and kaiser filter methods for C++ OOT?

From: George Edwards
Subject: Re: Are there firls and kaiser filter methods for C++ OOT?
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 10:31:55 -0600

Hi Marcin,

Thanks again for your help! I was a little busy and finally got around to looking at the two C++ fir filter documents you sent me.

I tried to design an OOT C++ FIR lowpass filter block based on my understanding of these documents but my code shows error (squidly). In the OOT C++ code, I included all the #include header files shown in the documents. Then using the first document above for the lowpass design, I wrote the following:
vector <float> lpfilter;
then, I defined all the filter parameters (give them value) and tried to use the filter method:
lpfilter = gr::filter::firdes::low_pass(gain, sampling_freq, cutoff_freq, transition_bandwidth,
fft::window::win_type window = fft::window::win_type::WIN_HAMMING, beta = 6.76);

This failed and showed a squidly across the line with fft::window::win_type....! I also tried leaving off the gr::filter::firdes
nothing worked and I included the fft window header file!
Please send me code examples if you have any that shows how to use these functions/methods.

One more question: on a search on the second document, it says the remez filter_types are: one of "bandpass", "hilbert" or "differentiator", I would have thought lowpass filters would be included??

Thank you!

George