Re: GNU Radio install on Mac Monterey

From: James Merkel
Subject: Re: GNU Radio install on Mac Monterey
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 14:37:18 -0800

Ok, long story short, I was able to install and run gnuradio on macOS.
In MacPorts, I uninstalled gnuradio and all dependencies, then reinstalled gnuradio.
When I ran gnuradio-companion in terminal, I got an error messages similar to those described in:

https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/issues/3893

So, I uninstalled gnuradio again and reinstalled with the variants shown in the GitHub link above:

sudo port install gnuradio -x11 +no_x11 +quartz

It’s a longer install— more things are built from source (including gnuradio itself), but, that worked.
When I run gnuradio-companion I still get a message:

No such schema “org.gnome.desktop.interface”

but that doesn’t seem to matter.
I also get some deprecation warnings when a flowgraph is run.
The blocks and text in the gnuradio-companion flowgraphs are extremely small.
I’ll have to see if that can be fixed.
In the mean time, gnuradio does run faster on this newer Mac!