Re: QA Tests: Python vs C++

From: Josh Morman
Subject: Re: QA Tests: Python vs C++
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 10:40:29 -0500

Jeff,

When tests are done in C++, they also must be compiled, which adds to the overall gnuradio compilation time.  In-tree the c++ tests are reserved mainly for testing the really low level like buffers.
I agree with you that an all c++ target makes debugging easy, but you can launch the python flowgraphs with the GDB debugger using program: "/usr/bin/python3" and args: /path/to/the/qa_xxx.py.

Josh