How to fill out the data type for parameter which is an array to a C++ O

From: George Edwards
Subject: How to fill out the data type for parameter which is an array to a C++ OOT block?
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 09:43:08 -0500

Hello GNURadio Community,

I am making a Gnuradio C++ OOT block using the gr_modtool. At the start of a design gr_modtool provides a template for the user to fill out. One of the items to fill out is parameters used. I have a parameter (let's call if coeffs) that is not a single floating point value, but is an array of floating point values. My questions in filling out this template is:

Q1. Should I declare the parameter as std::vector <float> coeffs or simply float coeffs?

Q2. In the yml file where one fills in parameters (the suggestion parameter data types are: int, float, complex, xxx_vector, etc.) should I fill in data type as: float_vector (replace the xxx before vector with the prefix float)?

Thanks very much for your answer.

George