Question on tags from multiple streams

From: Jason Matusiak
Subject: Question on tags from multiple streams
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 16:40:57 +0000

I noticed something with respect to tags that I am trying to hunt down.  This may end up making more sense on the USRP mailing list, but I figured I would try here first since tags are a GR thing.

I've noticed that if I have a simple flowgraph of a USRP block with two RX channels, if I change one of the frequencies, a tag is generated on both streams.  I believe that the act of changing a frequency cause there to be dopped samples, so it would make sense that there is a tag for that stream (not to mention that the new frequency needs to be conveyed).  But I am not sure why GR is generating a tag on the second stream as well.  Maybe the way the USRP handles the streams it ends up dropping samples on both to keep things in sync, but I wasn't sure if GR was doing something here instead.