Help with the Protocol Parser and Header/Payload Demux blocks

From: Miguel Angel Champi Castro
Subject: Help with the Protocol Parser and Header/Payload Demux blocks
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 13:17:44 -0400

Hello, I'm Miguel and I'm trying to do a flowgraph using the Header/Payload Demux.

I'm using Ubuntu 20.04 with GNU Radio 3.10.3, I'm also using Windows 10 with GNU Radio (same version) installed in the Anaconda environment when I'm not using Ubuntu.

I'm trying to use the header/payload demux with a protocol parser.

I've read another discussion (this post) about the block and it helped me to understand the basics using a Packet header generator and a Packet header parser.
But now I made a change to it and by using the Protocol formatter and Protocol parser with the default access code, but the terminal outputs full lines of:

"header_payload_demux :info: Parser returned #f"

And I don't stop the program immediately, it starts to freeze.

I've been trying to copy the structure of the examples packet_tx and packet_rx which use the prot. formatter and prot. parser but I'm not using PDU as a source information, instead I'm using a byte source or a file to transmit.

I might think my error would beĀ  the command to generate the preamble for my packet in the protocol formatter, but I'm not sure of how to use other commands referred in the API documentation properly.

I would appreciate any advice or suggestion to make the protocol parser work with the Header/Payload Demux.