Re: Problem with the OOT forecast() method in Python

From: George Edwards
Subject: Re: Problem with the OOT forecast() method in Python
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 17:00:58 -0600

Hi Jeff, thanks for bearing with me.

When I retested the last approach just now upon receiving your email it works. Earlier, l forgot to take out some extraneous stuff in my code, which broke it. The code snippet I sent implies a one to one relationship between input and output. The forecaster does its job to ensure the number of input samples is at least the same size as the output, but in many instances the input is larger. This, however, will present a problem to the signal processing algorithm I have in mind which requires the post-pending samples (the size of my filter) to the end to the incoming data before upsampling. It seems the forecaster may be too loose in its input/output sample relationship and will mess up my algorithm.

Anyway, if you have any thought on this and do not mind sharing I would appreciate it.

Thank again for your assistance.

George