RE: Problems with gr-modtool on Ubuntu 20.04 (gnuradio 3.10.4)

From: Michael Matthews
Subject: RE: Problems with gr-modtool on Ubuntu 20.04 (gnuradio 3.10.4)
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 18:43:09 +0000

Hi Cinaed,

I took your suggestion of making the customModule with gr-modtool at the $HOME directory, in case this may be required. The tutorial implied this was not necessary, but I gave it a shot anyway. Invoking cmake from

$HOME/gr-customModule/build

as

cmake ..

resulted in no change and the error is still present if I do not use the flag:

-DCMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH=usr/

When you mention there are 9 CMakeLists.txt files in your directory, I believe those are the same as I listed. Could you clarify if you have any outside those specific paths I mentioned?

I also wanted to follow up on your suggestion that I should not be seeing the line
   -- Using install prefix: /usr/local

in my cmake output. It seems that that is printed from $HOME/gr-customModule/lib/CMakeLists.txt line 47 (in the print summary section). It prints CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX, which is /usr/local by default on UNIX systems according to cmake documentation. Could you also clarify what I should be seeing instead?

You also mention that if invoking cmake doesn’t work, it most likely operator error. Again, I am new to gnuradio and I am unsure what that error would be. I followed the tutorials verbatim. I am running gnuradio 3.10.4, cmake 3.16.3, and Ubuntu 20.04.

I have tested this now on two clean VM installs of Ubuntu 20.04 and gnuradio 3.10.4 (through the apt PPA) and am still seeing this error.

I appreciate the help! Cheers,

Michael Matthews
Graduate Software Engineer
Mobile: +1 847 714 4809