Re: Help Needed for FREQUENCY SINK Block of GNU Radio

From: Kyeong Su Shin
Subject: Re: Help Needed for FREQUENCY SINK Block of GNU Radio
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 12:13:49 +0000

Hello Shuvodip:

It simply takes STFT of the raw input data after applying a windowing function to them. No further calibrations or amplitude corrections are applied.

You will get an 0 dB peak if you turn off the windowing function (set it to "rectangular") and if the signal is not leaking into multiple bins.

Regards,
Kyeong Su Shin

보낸 사람: Shuvodip Majumdar <shuvodipcool@gmail.com> 대신 Discuss-gnuradio <discuss-gnuradio-bounces@gnu.org>
보낸 날짜: 2022년 10월 26일 수요일 오후 8:45
받는 사람: discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org <discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org>
제목: Help Needed for FREQUENCY SINK Block of GNU Radio

Hello all,

The Frequency Sink block of GNU Radio gives a spectrum plot where the y-axis is labelled as "Relative Gain (dB)".

My question is that with respect to what this "relative" data is being taken?

I plotted one 1*e^(j*2*pi*f*t) and in the spectrum response I got -8.7 dB at frequency f. I am confused about how this calculation is being done.

Thank you.

With regards,
Shuvodip