Failed to open SDRPlay device

From: claudio.franchini
Subject: Failed to open SDRPlay device
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 14:34:49 +0100

Good morning everyone,

I state that I am new to GNUradio, but I need to re-install in WIN10 a .grc program written by a colleague a couple of years ago, which uses the RSPduo SDR.

The hardware is fully functional, also tested with SDRplay's SDRuno native SW, but when I install it on the new PC with GNUradio, I always get an HW unreachable error.

GNUradio is in version 3.7.13.5_win64 which is the one suggested by SDRplay, I installed the API ver. 3.11 (SDRplay_RSP_API_Windows-3.11.exe), but when I try to run the program, I get a "Failed to open SDRPlay device" error.

I then tried the sdrplay_test.grc test program, which is a simple FM receiver accompanying HW, but I still get the same error.

I really need someone who can help me. If there is a volunteer, I attach the sdrplay_test file, the generated python file and the error message.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help you can give me.

Claudio