Re: Is there something similar to the zero-span of spectrum analyzers in

From: Ron Economos
Subject: Re: Is there something similar to the zero-span of spectrum analyzers in gnuradio?
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 09:11:38 -0800

That's not how zero span works. Zero span is a power measurement of the entire signal (or whatever you have the RBW set to).

If you want to see individual carriers of an OFDM signal, the best way is to zero out the other carriers in the transmitter. Here's an example of an ATSC3.0 OFDM signal with all the data carriers zeroed out so that just the pilot carriers remain. You can easily see the structure of the of both the continual and scattered pilots.

OFDM pilots

Ron