Re: Version-adaptive_documentation

From: Adrian Musceac
Subject: Re: Version-adaptive_documentation
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 18:58:26 +0200

Hi Marcus,

> > The general trend of making web pages heavily dependent on Javascript
>
> It's an *optional* script that can be used to select what's visible, if
> scripting is available. If not available, you get a nicely structured plain
> text site, as before.

Then please ignore my complaint, I thought this would make Javascript
mandatory to see the content. Since this is not the case, it is obviously my
fault for assuming that.

> >  and thus unusable for some of us is frankly sad
>
> Ok, not my style to be *this* direct, but since you're actively trying to
> guilt-trip Barry:
>
> You're exposed to a website that works perfectly, contrary to your claims,
> both in obsolete browsers and under disabling JavaScript. It's just
> *better* with. I honestly don't think you get to lament your "loss" here.

I apologise if it came off like that. It was not my intention to guilt-trip
anyone. I am simply noticing more and more websites that don't work without
Javascript or only work with certain browsers and I thought this will be the
case too. Since I was obviously wrong I have to take your criticism as
warranted. I am sorry if I have offended you or Barry.

Regards,
Adrian