sndfile::sndfile again

From: Larry Doolittle
Subject: sndfile::sndfile again
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 14:15:50 -0800

gnuradio gurus -

I just hit a problem with symptoms that precisely match
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2020-09/msg00055.html

This is while attempting to build gr-osmosdr, basically the first
real step in the instructions at
https://wiki.recessim.com/view/Gr-smart_meters_Setup_Guide

I read Chris Gorman's patch, and it makes sense, but I couldn't find
a way to apply it to my situation.  I'm (attempting to) use gnuradio 3.10.4.0
as supplied in Debian testing (bookworm).  I couldn't find a CMakeLists.txt
file in that gnuradio install that mentions sndfile.

My closest hit was /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/gnuradio/FindSNDFILE.cmake
which I don't really understand.  I tried hacking on it anyway, but never
found a change that fixed my problem.

Any hints or ideas?  Am I stuck installing gnuradio from source?
Should I file a Debian bug report?

  - Larry