Re: USRP B210 overflow and underflow

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: USRP B210 overflow and underflow
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 11:20:58 -0500

On 29/12/2022 10:56, Karen young wrote:
Hi,

I am using a USRP B210 to transmit and receive pulse signals using attached antennas, and try to measure the phase delay between the transmitted and received signals. I do not understand why the following problems are happening. What can I do to fix them? Attached is the model.

1. The usrp_source overflow and usrp_sink underflow errors occur frequently, the received signal (in Red) is jumping accordingly as shown in Fig 1.

2. Since the transmitted signal is positive pulse, I am expecting the received signal is also positive. While the received signals are: sometimes positive peak, sometimes negative peaks as shown in Fig 2.

Thanks
Karen
Overruns and Underruns are caused by your computer being unable to "keep up" with the sample streaming requirements of
  the hardware.

You might add:

num_recv_frames=256
num_send_frames=256

To your device arguments, which can help "ride through" short-term performance insufficiency.