Re: **Cant use UHD SINK and UHD Source in the same flowgraph

From: Taylor Clark
Subject: Re: **Cant use UHD SINK and UHD Source in the same flowgraph
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 16:30:07 -0500

sorry about that,

I am away from the laptop but I am using
maint3. 8-gnauradio(v3.8.5.0 to be specific)
uhd v4. 3.0-rc2

I will also note I have tried gnuradio v3.9.4.0 and have the same problem. the device is claimed by one uhd block which functions.  I didn't know if gnuradio was in charge of executing the networking via uhd or not but I believe the uhd blocks are not started at the same time and uhd cannot claim a device that is already claimed

in the flowgraph I am targeting the same x410 with type=x4xx in the uhd sink and source block.

I am using a zmq server for getting data, adding crc and fec with modulation then outputting to uhd sink. Over an ssma cable on the physical device I plug tx/Rx into RX2.  I then use uhd source on the same flow graph to read it.

again, thank you for your consideration!

On Mon, Jan 16, 2023, 4:12 PM Marcus D. Leech <patchvonbraun@gmail.com> wrote:
On 16/01/2023 09:52, Taylor Clark wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I am using the x410 with a flowgraph that has uhd source and uhd sink
> in the same flowgraph however, I believe its because the device is
> already claimed.
>
> Here is the output I am getting
>   self.uhd_usrp_source_1 = uhd.usrp_source(
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages/gnuradio/uhd/__init__.py", line
> 125, in constructor_interceptor
>     return old_constructor(*args)
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages/gnuradio/uhd/uhd_swig.py", line
> 2806, in make
>     return _uhd_swig.usrp_source_make(device_addr, stream_args,
> issue_stream_cmd_on_start)
> RuntimeError: LookupError: KeyError: No devices found for ----->
> Device Address:
>     x4xx:
>
> Is it possible to use these two together and have them claim the
> device as one
>
> Regards,
> Taylor Clark
This should "just work".

Can you share the flow-graph you're using, and the version of UHD and
Gnu Radio?

In general, USRP-specific queries belong on the usrp-users mailing list,
rather than here, although I agree that there's
   significant overlap in this question...