[Discuss-gnustep] State of the text system

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: [Discuss-gnustep] State of the text system
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 12:19:48 +0200

Hi,

in order to make ProjectCenter a 'real IDE', that is builtin basic including
code editing fascilities (or using Edit.app for that), I need at least basic
"non rich text" text functionality. Therefore I'd like to ask, who is currently
working on the text system, who could I bother with annoying requests etc.
I believe that it is very important for GNUstep to have Gorm and ProjectCenter
working ASAP.
I understand that it would be nice to have a fully working text system,
powerfull as the 'original', but for now, a less powerfull but working subset
would IMHO be more useful...;-) If it would help, a GS only replacement which
could be used for plain text editing until the 'real thing' would be ready would
be fine as well (eg sth like a NSSimpleText).

What do you think?

sweet dreams, Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert