Re: Yet another error in compilation/Dependency problems

From: Nicolas Peninguy
Subject: Re: Yet another error in compilation/Dependency problems
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 20:38:51 +0200

Hi,

> Making all for tool set_show_service...
> make[4]: Nothing to be done for `internal-tool-all'.
> Making all for svc example...
> shared_obj/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu-xgps/make_services: error in loading
> shared libraries: libgnustep-base.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No
> such
>
>  [...]
>
> It seems as though the installation proceedure now expects a previous
> installation of GNUstep to be present.    I think most of you would
> agree that this is an unacceptable precondition.

I've just installed the latest version (by cvs) of GNUstep on my Debian
GNU/Linux system and I had the same problems. (No version of GNUstep
installed before).

First it didn't find the « opentool » tool. So I change to the "make"
directory to "make install". But after this, here comes the
"libgnustep-base.so.0: cannot open shared object file" problem :)

So I made a "make install", then a "source ....../Makefiles/GNUstep.csh"
then a "make" then a "make install" :)

> The workaround for this is to build the make package, base package, then gui
> package seperately.

Or to use my method :))