Re: garbage collection in gstep-base

From: richard
Subject: Re: garbage collection in gstep-base
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 22:23:22 +0000

On Monday, November 6, 2000, at 08:47 PM, avi@beta4.com wrote:

> What's the current status of GC in gstep-base?  It looks like it's at
> least partially supported, but is it useable, or should I move to
> libFoundation to get GC?

Only partially supported - won't work with distributed objects.
On the other hand, you don't get DO with libFoundation anyway.

GC should be usable with gstep-base without too much effort, but you'll
probably find libFoundation GC easier and more stable.

However, I would of course prefer you to find and fix any problems in
gstep-base GC.
Hopefully the other functionality in gstep-base would tempt you towards this.
I'd certainly like to receive any patches to improve GC support.