gcc and objective-C

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: gcc and objective-C
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 07:21:58 +0100

Hi all,

I seem to have build a gcc 2.95.2 for glibc 2.2 with objc and threading
support, but before I declare this as my default compiler I would like
to test the objc and threading support. Can someone help me in writing
such a test (there are no GNUstep libs installed yet. This is currently
a chrooted linux environment with some basic tools compiled static).

Since I am not a programmer, but would like to learn more about C and
Objective C this could be my itch to become more involved in
programming.

I have seen a little Hello World program on:
http://objc.sourceforge.net/
Could that be used as test?

And while on that site, does anybody have any experience with the objc
compiler on that page? Could it be of use to the GNUstep project?

Greetings and thanks,

Dennis Leeuw