Re[4]: [Q] GSWeb Cache Again

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re[4]: [Q] GSWeb Cache Again
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 15:05:31 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000 22:30:53 +0900 Sungjin Chun <Sungjin Chun
<ninja@linuxone.co.kr>> wrote:

 >| So, current state of GSWeb performs caching but cached data
 >| is not used for efficient, faster response. And this could be
 >| "corrected". Do I understand rightly?

Yes.

 >| Architecture of GSWeb seems very good for me and it
 >| can solve my problem of mixed view and model, controller
 >| problem of script language such as PHP, JSP and etc.
 >| Only problem is performance and I hope that I can improve
 >| the performance of GSWeb and be happy. :-)

IMHO, performances can be very much improved (even if they're
not too bad in non debug, no trace mode). Here is some possible
improvements:
        o as you said, response caching
        o code optimisation: use of direct c calls
(methodForSelector:...) for very used methods...
        o dynamic save of parsing result so next time the application
is runned, some templates are already parsed

Manuel